Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I want to be a missionary


When Jaman was the young men's president he would have mutual at our house a lot. The kids really got to know the boys. Bridger especially had a really good bond with our neighbor down the road. He would always want to talk to Tate every Sunday at church. Well Tate was old enough to finally leave on a mission. This was really my kids first experience watching someone they really loved leave. All their uncles went on missions but way before they were born. Tate stopped by the night he was set apart to tell us goodbye. What an awesome kid. I am so thankful for wonderful young men that are great examples in my kids life. Since Tate has left the kids have loved writing letters. One day as we were driving into town the kids and I had a great conversation about missions. Bridger says to me, "Mom I want to go on a mission someday. Where will I go?" I went on to tell them how the prophet prays and feels the spirit as to where you should serve. They thought that was so cool. All of the sudden Taylor says, " Ya Bridger and I am feeling the spirit right now and you will go to China." It was so cute. I loved this conversation. Bridger went on to tell me that he would miss me but he will come home after he is done teaching the people about Jesus. I love these tender moments. I love to listen to music but for the past year I have been turning the music off and have been trying to take these opportunities in the car rides to town to talk to my kids. I really cherished this conversation and will always remember it. Especially if Bridger really goes to China :)

0 comments: