Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Potato Planting

 So after Lincoln was born it took me a good month before I felt like myself again. I feel like for that month I totally deserved the worst mother award. I had no energy or strength to take my kids to do anything fun. So one day Bridger heard the tractor out the front door. I don't let me kids play in the front yard hardly ever unless I am out there, but I told him if he sat in one spot so I could look out the front he could. He wanted to watch the tractors. They were planting potatos in the field and he was AMAZED. Seriously hours passed. I kept saying don't you want to come in? No Mom. At one point he came running in ecstatic. "MOM MOM the guy waved at me!" It was so cute to see him so excited. Not to long after the door bell rang. I panicked but had just checked on him. Here on the door step was Bridger and the farmer. I know the owners of the field well but didn't know the guy in this tractor. I could tell he was a good good guy. He asked if Bridger could ride with him to plant a few rows. I thought and thought. He told me his name. I felt like it was ok. Bridger wanted to go so bad. He said it would take about 15 minutes to go up a row and back. So I let him. Right after I called Jaman to make sure he thought it was ok. He said "YES those farmers are nice and he will be fine". It is sad that we live in a world that we do that I even have to worry. So Bridger loaded up. You can tell on his face how excited he was. 15 minutes later he was back and begging to go again. This kids LOVES trucks and tractors. I am thankful for the wonderful man who took 15 minutes of his time to make this kids day! Bridger said I talked the whole time about spiders and the list went on. 





2 comments:

Andrea said...

what a cute story. Love it.

Patty Ward said...

Being an Idaho girl myself. I can really appreciate this. You're an awesome mommy. Patty