Thursday, October 6, 2011

Summers Project

This is one thing that Jaman and I always wanted when we finally had a house and had land to do so. When we bought the house it had a huge garden spot. Since we now had lawn and landscape we could finally focus on growing a garden this year. It turned out well. Gardens are a lot of work keeping them weeded but I can't say how much I love to go and pick FRESH produce. It is seriously the best. The kids loved being able to pick peas and eat them as they played outside. I froze tons of green beans and corn. It was fun to work as a family and do this project. The kids took such pride and today as it is snowing Taylor was sad and said our garden was going to be ruined. I told them it was that time of year where it is going to die and we will have to replant next year. I am glad I had parents who taught me how to raise a garden and the importance of work. I love where we live. These past two weeks the kids have been out of school for spud harvest. We live in spud central. That is even our school mascot. We live across from a potato field of a friend in the ward. After they harvested it we took the kids out on the 4 wheeler and gathered 2 big boxes of fresh russet potatos. This is something we did growing up. It was fun to start that little tradition. They had a ball walking through the field picking potatos. As I said no pictures. Terrible Mom.



Posted by Picasa

0 comments: