Well it is that time again where I see moving boxes. It seems like every time I began packing boxes I begin an emotional rollercoaster. One day I am so ready to go and the next I think I am not ready yet. Moving has always been a hard thing for me. It seems like we are so young and this is already our 3rd move. The part that I think is unfair is that you have to leave friends that mean a lot to you. It seems like we always live somewhere long enough to become part of a ward (church) and time enough to become close to friends and then it is another phase in our lives and we have to move on. Even though we haven’t been in Kansas but almost 4 years we have made so many memories and developed a strong relationship I would never trade for anything. What I notice most about myself is I found a firm testimony of the gospel here. Living in Idaho it is easy to just lean on another’s testimony but moving here where you stand alone a lot it has helped me know that I KNOW this church is true. I KNOW my Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us. HE knows us all individually and knows our needs. I KNOW that He is there for us. I see it every day in His tender mercies. Life can be a rollercoaster of trials and at times we may feel deserted and feel that He is forgetting us but if we will stay close to Him and listen to the whisperings of the Spirit we will realize that through those hard trials we come out stronger. Days I often wonder how others get through these perilous times without the wonderful knowledge we have. The other thing that is near and dear to my heart that happened here in Kansas is I became a MOTHER. One of the greatest blessings in my life. Also the hardest thing I have ever done. Each day I rely on my Heavenly Father to know how to best raise these special Spirits He has blessed Jaman and I to raise. As you can tell I am on a rollercoaster. The main reason for this post was for all my fellow friends here at Overland Park Estates. Each and everyone have touched my life for good and even though we are graduating and moving on I will take a special piece of all of them. I will take their wonderful examples. So here are just a few ways they have all been such wonderful examples and touched my life:
Andrea: Wow how do I begin. I will just say I don’t know how you do all you do in a day. You are amazing to me. You make me want to be a better person each day. I am so thankful for your listening ear.
Roxanne: You are such an example to me of a wonderful mother. You are so orderly and such a sweet person. You have taught me to always put family first.
Carrie: You are always so sweet and always thinking of others. I will never forget the night you and Heather were an answer to my prayers and I was able to have a break down. That night I just thought wow talk about a person so ready to hear whisperings of the Spirit.
Becky: You are such a sweetheart. You are always thinking of others before yourself.
Tara: I love how you are so down to earth. You are always full of compliments for everyone. You help me realize that we aren’t perfect.
Ashlee: I just love how you wear your testimony on your sleeve. You have an amazing testimony and are always ready to share it.
Jessica: You are an example to me of willingness. You are always so sweet and willing to help others.
Chersti: I don’t know well at all but I love how you’re so positive about everything.
Stephanie: I don’t know well either but has always been so kind to me.
Kim: You are such an example of service to me. Whenever anyone needs anything you are always there to help anyway possible
Calli: You are such a sweet person. You have always been so willing to help us and that means a lot.
Heather: I love your listening ear. You have no idea how many times you have picked me up. You always make me feel like a good mom in those hard times of raising such strong willed children. You have a great gift Heather.
Crystal: What can I say? When I think of you and I know so many others would agree I can’t help but think of the Savior. You always have open arms Crystal. You are always ready to help and ready to listen and know exactly what to say to bring another up.
Sara: You mean so much to me. You and your little Jocelyn were such an answer to my prayers You are so unselfish and always have time for others. I don’t know how you do all you do. Thanks for the listening ear. You are a great friend.
So even though our time may have been short with all of you. You all have touched my life in some way or another and that I thank Heavenly Father for. Thanks for all being such wonderful friends.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
A shout out to all my Estate Friends
Posted by Brunson's at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Thanks for making me cry, Brigetta! :D I will really miss you when you go. It's been hard to make friends and have them leave, but I'm grateful for the things you have taught me as well. Like, it's ok to spend money on something for your house just because it's pretty and makes you feel good. I've had a hard time learning this. Thank you for inspiring me.
Hey..me too..thanks for making me cry. It makes all this a bit more of a reality..we won't be here forever. And it's even shorter in the grand scheme of things. Things change, we grow and gain new experiences, we learn, and then Heavenly Father gives us a whole new chapter to start in our lives and life goes on. I am glad to know you and to have shared these years with you and the rest of the complex! Hugs!
Thanks for making me cry too. I have really struggled since we left. I was just telling my friend Krysta today that it has been such an adjustment. I felt so secure in Kansas with all of you. Now I am all alone in my big nice house, but it was better in my tiney apartment. I don't like growing up.
That was a great way to remember everyone. I cherish my time with everyone, and I know that Heavenly Father put as neighbors at the same time for a reason.
You blessed my life, and my children's life. Your rollercoaster has only just begun, but it will be a good ride. You are a wonderful mother to beautiful children. Thank you.
Good luck with your next phase.
Oh, man....maybe it's just as well to get some of these tears out now, so I won't be a blubbering mess the next time I see you! Living here in "Zion" has proved over and over to me that Heavenly Father loves us so much and is happy to tend to our needs AND wants during an otherwise difficult time! You have been a constant, gentle example of strength and righteousness that I appreciate. Your kindness and thoughtfulness is proven by these sweet words you've offered us. It's at times like this that I'm thankful to believe in Eternity...Our time together here may have been short, but our bonds will span the eternities. Love you.
Brigetta, you are so wonderful and I am so glad that you did this! I wanted to show how much everyone has meant to me when we left and instead I ignored my feelings and procrastinated and I really regret that! I hope you guys have a good transition and everything works out well for you.
You have beautiful little ones and they are lucky to have you and Jaman for parents! I'm so thankful for blogs that we can all keep in touch and stay connected as we graduate and spread out all over!
You are wonderful!
You are so sweet, Brigetta! I miss OP Estates SO BAD!!!!!!!!! It is a terrible shame that we had to move all the way to Missouri with you guys before we got to know you very well. I sure am glad that I got to know you, though! You hae inspired me in a lot of ways - in homemaking and motherhood and from your testimony. You guys will have such a wonderful time in IF. We hope all goes well with the move!
Brigetta, this is so sweet! Thank you -- it is so good to be reminded of the wonderful blessings we've been given through our friends and sisters. It's sad to see you go, but you will be loved and needed in your next home, too!! I love how careful and diligent you are in your efforts to be a good mom and wife. You'll be a blessing to people wherever you go. God bless you!
Post a Comment