Well we had quite the trip to the ER on Labor Day! We were outside enjoying a BBQ with friends and our little miss Taylor fell off the ladder on the jungle gym and hit her mouth. It wasn't just a normal bump but blood gushing everywhere. Two of her teeth were pushed forward and the poor little girl was screaming. Jaman and I rushed her in checked her out had a friend help give her a fast blessing and rushed her to Children's Mercy ER. We walked in and I was covered with blood. You would think that a little kid that just had such trauma would want to just be held but no she wanted down and wanted to play. She is one tough little girl. She was calm and I her mom seeing her mouth all messed up was devistated. She ended breaking her upper maxilla bone. She had to be put out while an oral surgeon put her bone in place and stitched her up. In the process one of her teeth was unsavable so she lost her first tooth. That was so hard for Jaman and I to see her put out lying on the table with blood everywhere. We both had so many tears. She is doing well. You would never guess she even got hurt. It has been much harder on Jaman and I. I am so sad about her mouth. Our other biggest challenge was we had to take her binki away. She sleeps with it so this has been SO hard. We have had lots of tears and it breaks my heart. I know she needed weened from it anyway but not this way. So we are on our third night without the binki. She has done pretty good. Sometimes I want to go crazy but it has made me take the time to rock her to sleep and I have treasured that. This has been quite the emotional trip for me. I am sure being pregnant hasn't helped but I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who listens to me at anytime of the day. This has been hard but I constantly feel my Savior's love for me. I was having a rough time and had just got done saying a prayer and had felt so alone and I heard a knock on my door. It was a friend of mine (Calli) just checking to make sure I was ok. The spirit bore witness to me that day that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I am thankful for friends that live so close to the spirit that she knew to come to my house. I am thankful for a loving husband who was worthy to give her a Priesthood blessing. Jaman has been so good through this whole thing and so patient with an emotional wife.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I am so sorry that happened... that had to be so tramatic for you. What a hard trial. I hope she is recovering, and we will keep you in our prayers. We sure do miss you guys.
Oh! That made me tear up! Poor Taylor!! And poor you and Jaman! I can only imagine what you must have felt. We will also pray for you guys!
Okay, I told Jaron the story and he was like, "Is there a picture?" Honestly.
Oh my gosh poor little Tay. Who says that you dont do anything exciting? I hope that she is recovering ok I will call ya later and see how its going.
What a difficult day! We hope she is recuperating well. Taylor and our Nathan can start a club for early tooth loss due to accidents!
What a traumatic day! I feel so terrible for all of you. What a little trooper Taylor is for bouncing right back, but what a hard thing for you to go through as a parent. I hope everyone heals quickly! That is a fear of mine- one of my children hurting their mouths/teeth. Lots of pain and potentially lots of damage. So glad that it wasn't anymore serious.
Giving up a binky is hard- we went through it with Chloe (more than once) and each time was really hard- especially at naptime and bedtime. Soon enough, she'll never even remember that she had one and she'll be able to sleep without it. Until then, good luck and enjoy rocking your "baby."
I'm so glad that Taylor is going to be okay! Please let us know if you ever need ANYTHING!
Post a Comment