Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Preserving Memories


The past 2 months I have been baking a loaf of bread each week. Jaman and I have wanted to have homemade wheat bread forever now and I finally found a recipe that turns out perfect everytime. The bread has been so wonderful to have but we were missing out on homemade jam. So this past trip home I had my mom teach me how to make homemade jam. Today Taylor and I gave it a shot. It turned out so yummy! I am so thankful I have a wonderful mom that can teach me all these wonderful things. I hope I can be half the mom she is. So here are some pictures of my little chef and our final product. I loved making it with Taylor. We are enjoying our one on one time that she will soon have to share.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Calli Potter said...

What a cute idea, and I love the chef's hat! Mom's really are the best, and it is a lot to live up to!

Melissa said...

Taylor looks so cute in that little chef hat! She is such a funny little girl! That remind me, that I want to try that recipe you are talking about. Tyler always wants homemade bread, and I just cannot make it! The jam looks yummy!

Jessica said...

That is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time--what an awesome little chef! I've just started making homemade wheat bread these last couple weeks as well--what a coincidence! Now I just need to get on the jam....

Andrea said...

looks great. I would love your recipe. Would you share it on your blog?

Becky said...

Taylor is so darn cute! We miss her. I want your bread recipe!!!!!! It sounds like just what I need - something that's foolproof. We sure miss your good cooking on Sundays. It's all I can do to drum something up most weeks!

Tara said...

You are so good at doing fun things with your darling girl! I'd love to have a copy of your recipe, too, if you don't mind sharing!

Kellie said...

Hey Jaman,
I came across your blog today and was exicted to see you're doing well! Taylor is just darling and congrats for another one on the way I see. I've thought about you off and on over the years and wondered how you were. Anyway I'm glad I found your blog so I can check in every now and then!

Kellie (Andersen) Pannell

House of Smiths said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY! I have been looking ALL over for you, or a number or SOMETHING! I miss you SO much... and you have an adorable little girl, and a baby on he way? I LOVE IT! You guys look so happy! I wish you weren't so far away! You HAVE to call me one day, so we can catch up. Does Heidi have a blog? I saw Mckinzie's blog, and her little girl is way cute too! Aww, we are all getting SO big and responsible. LOL.
K, well email me with your number and stuff!
Love ya guys
Shelley