Friday, August 8, 2008

I love to see the temple....I'll go inside someday

This was I think the spiritual hightlight of our little trip. I took Taylor with my parents to the Twin Falls open house. I was so excited to know that I would get to go and do this while I was home. I had never been to a temple open house and was excited to take Taylor. I was so nervous at how she would behave but the second we got out of the car she looked up and with a huge smile said "Temple mommy" right then I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience. She loved the temple. She kept looking up and saying "Moroni" and wanted to hold him. When we went inside she was so peaceful and just took everything in. She noticed all the picutures of Jesus and loved the pretty lights.
When we went into the celestial room it went silent and the Spirit was so strong. I was overcome with the Spirit. I couldn't help but think how wonderful it felt to be holding Taylor and feel our new little one moving inside my tummy and know that we would be together forever. It was a reminder to me of the sacred and wonderful covenants Jaman and I made over 4 years ago that allows us to be sealed to eachother and our kids for time and all eternity. I have such a testimony of temples and the ordinances we perform there. I was so thankful for this wonderful experince. The only think that could have made it better would have been to have Jaman. We sure missed him and are so glad to be back home with him again.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like you had a nice break. Thank you for sharing your testimony about the temple. It has been a while for me. I am looking forward to going this Nov. when my sister gets married.

Me :) said...

That temple was beautiful!! We got to go the very last day of the open house. It was packed. They brought groups of like 30 to 50 people every 5 minutes. There were tons of people, but it all went so smoothly. You would think with all those people it would be crazy. The kids loved it and took everything in. Taylor is so cute playing on the grass in back of the temple. I am glad you got to come up and go. We can't wait to have you guys here, and with a new baby boy too! Not too long now. Love you guys!!

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

Bri-
What a beautiful little family you have! Taylor is adorable!! It was so fun to get to see your pictures! It was good to visit with you the other day and I'm excited for you to come home so that we can get together! Congrats and good luck with baby, I know that Taylor will make a great big sister. lol
Heidi