Thursday, April 8, 2010

The big Easter Surprise

Ok so many of you know I am like anti-pets. I really just don't like animals. I really never wanted my kids to have any pets but my husband and dad had other intentions. They talked me into letting the Easter Bunny bring the kids real rabbits. I said under one condition. You build a nice looking cage and you (Jaman) gets to take care of them. So the Easter Bunny went to work building a cage and finding rabbits. Taylor was SO EXCITED. I have never ever seen her so happy. She loves animals....unlike her mom. The Easter bunny had left a note with the baskets to go out to Grandpa's barn to find and easter surprise that was too big for their baskets. She quickly claimed the white one and named her Snowball.
Bridger was actually really excited her. I recorded it all on my camera so I didn't get a lot of pictures to show their real excitement. Bridger with the help of Grandpa named his bunny Muffin. He loves to pet them.
For record that we did have some pets here they are....Snowball and muffin. Now my dad thinks he is going to talk me into getting them a dog. We will see!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Something many people don't know about the Larson family is that, at one time, we had 33 rabbits. We started out with 5; they were at a farmer's market to be sold and eaten and it just broke my softie-of-a-dad's heart! (And his four blubbering girls that were by his side!) So, we came home with 5 rabbits. My dad built a quick hutch and we put them all in...big mistake. In about two weeks they had doubled. So, we all built HUGE hutches and they each had a home. We sold the babies to pet stores--it was a lot of fun! We had 2 giant English Lops that we got later--they were about as big as our Cocker Spaniel! They would go on walks, play "games" in the backyard and they were really tame. Warn your children that if they don't play with their bunnies every day they get VERY mean!! We had so many fingers and hands (and one nose) bitten! Just keep giving them attention! Bunny leashes are really fun--it's a great way for young kids to "walk" them around the backyard without losing them! They'll eat all your weeds and everything! :o)

Me :) said...

Oh my heck, I am shocked!! They are so dang cute! You are a brave woman. I hope you guys had a good Easter too. Sorry I haven't written you an email back yet. I had Grandma and Grandpa Skillings over all day Wednesday and I was in town for a doctor appointment yesterday. My other email is briannie.summers@gmail.com. Love you guys! Oh, I am still feeling really crappy. It will be gone soon though.

Calli Potter said...

I had bunnies when I was growing up, and while I agree with your anti-pet sentiments, it is hard to turn them down when they are so cute! It was fun seeing pics of your family! The kids are getting so big, and I wish they were here to play with everyone! Happy be-lated birthday and anniversary!

Becky said...

Hahaha! We never had pets as kids and I LONGED for one. And now here I am on your anti-pet side. I have the same stipulations - when we get a pet (which will most assuredly be a dog), that pet is JARON's responsibility!

We'll see how that goes...

Looks like you had a great birthday and a great anniversary!

Andrea said...

I am with you in the pet subject. Good for you for allowing it. What a fun surprise.