So I had my first lost child moment yesterday with this little girl. We headed to Kohl's to find another blanket for Bridger. He is so attached to his and I can't handle only having one. So we found the blanket and headed to the front. So far so good. I stopped to pick out a few dressier shirts to wear on Sunday with some of my skirts. Taylor was running under the clothes. Hiding from me. Being a pretty typical kid at least our typical kid. I am sure there are those kids that stand right by their mom for fear of being lost. I have yet to experience that with her. The next thing I couldn't see her. I looked down under the racks and couldn't see her little feet anywhere. I started to get a little nervous. I was in the section right by the checkout and front doors. There is only one entrance so I know she didn't get taken out. I started looking around quickly nowhere in sight. I didn't want to leave the front without letting someone know so I had to swallow my PRIDE (for being that bad of a mom to lose my kid) and go ask the worker for help. I had to describe her. She is 2 she is wearing a white shirt with a Little jean skirt. Her name is Taylor. So she basically put a page out to the workers in a secret code that their is a missing child. I had to stay at the front and make sure nobody took her out. While the workers all had to search their areas. I said a prayer in my heart and had instant peace that they would find her. A few seconds later. The ladies intercom said... "Found her in the toy area. "So the toy area was completely in the far back opposite corner.
Sure enough I went back and she was intently playing with a Dora toy. Not a care in the world. Granted I wasn't this happy when I found her. She got in trouble got a lecture about not leaving her mom in stores. I explained to her that a someone could have taken her. Pretty much trying to scare the living day lights out of her so she would get the point and all she said to me with tears streaming down her face is " Mom I would run really fast from them", "They wouldn't be able to catch me." So I was even more frustrated that me plan obviously didn't work. Something must have gotten somewhat in her head because at Sears she stayed by me. I gave myself a bad mom award yesterday or maybe Taylor should have gotten the bad kid award. Either way I am so thankful they found her. I couldn't live without her. Even if she is a "STRONG WILLED LITTLE GIRL"
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Scary! I lost Alden a few months ago at the grocery store. It's funny how you instantly imagine the worst person in the world is running out the door with them, eh? I cried when I found him! Glad Taylor's not lost and gone!
I have totally been there with Logan. The worst one was when we lost him in the dark at Shawnee Mission Park on the 4th of July. That was scary! It does get easier the older they get. I now tell the boys before we get out of the car what the rules are for being in a store with mom-- stay with me, don't run, don't play with the clothes/stuff on shelves. If they are good, they get fruit snacks or some other incentive at the end of the trip. And you are NOT a bad mom, Brigetta! Some of us are just blessed with very independent children!:D
Okay, for the umteeth time...Taylor and Katie must be kindred spirits! This (nearly) exact thing happened w/Katie (at that age)...only we lost her in the clothing racks in Cabela's. It's a real scare, for sure. Well, let's just plan on these girls becoming fabulous leaders some day! They are definitely strong and independent(and THAT is NOT an indication of BAD PARENTING!):)xoxoxoxo
My mom always likes to tell me about the time I purposefully hid in the clothes at Sears and watched her walk by calling my name over and over... she'll never let me live it down! I'm so glad it all worked out okay and that you found her... sometimes I think stores put toy sections in them just to torment us moms. You are a fantastic mom, and I love how independent Taylor is!
You in no way qualify for the bad mom award... it happens to everyone. If anyone should receive it, it should be me! Chloe escaped from me at Fred Meyer once when she was Taylor's age and by the time I even got around to noticing she was missing, another shopper in the store had already found her and was calling for help to page me to come and get her. It was not only a bit scary, but embarrassing. My Chloe is very strong willed as well full of more energy than any of us know what to do with, but she keeps life interesting and fun, as it sounds like you can relate. Aren't they fun, though? I wouldn't trade her for anything, but I probably would award Chloe with the naughty kid award more often than me the bad mom award! :) ha ha
I am so happy you found her. I am sure that was so scary.
Sounds scary, Getta, but don't worry, I think every mom experiences that sometime in their life! Taylor looks so much older since the last time we saw y'all! Brynn just said today, "me ready to go back to Idaho and see Taylor" She sure misses her. I hope that your summer is going good and we miss all of you!
Strong willed little girl, Its good to know I'm not the only one that has one. I'm not around you much but I don't think you deserve the bad mother award. That happens to everyone once or maybe twice. For what its worth I think your a wonderful mother. It was so nice to have Taylor over the other day so Kylie Jo could get to know her little better. She is always welcome to our home!
Oh Tay!!! How scary!! We lost Bo once and it was an awful feeling!! Little stinkers
Post a Comment