I am trying to do better at posting little moments at our house and use this blog as a family journal. So I had to post this because I told Jaman that someday he would laugh at it when he gets over the fact Taylor ruined the toaster. Sunday Jaman and I always love to eat cream of wheat and toast. Usually I am on toast duty but we switched for the day. After I started the cream of wheat and he started the toast we began to smell burning. My first thought was oh something must be on the burner. Nothing new at our house. So I kept cooking. Then it got really strong and smoke was coming from the toaster. Jaman said something is burning in there. He popped up the toast and lone and behold he looked down there and found a bic pen. All melted now. We hurried and chucked the toaster outside to get rid of the smell. I just had to laugh. Taylor obviously was playing in my cupboard one day! We have been finding lots of things in places lately. Must be a stage she is in. So no toast that day and off to buy a new toaster.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
very funny- Looks like you guys had a great v-day. I am writing because I think you should call me. I don't have your number so call me!!!
Hunter did that exact thing with our toaster oven!! Except she had a pen and a whole pad of paper and turned it to broil herself. I thought my kitchen was going to burn down. Then after we got our new toaster she put a tylenol bottle in it and turned it to broil but I caught that one it time. Now it stays unplugged until we have to use it then the plug comes right out again. Taylor and Hunter are a lot alike in a lot of ways. Too funny!! You WILL laugh at this later.
Oh man! That sounds like something Scarlet would do. Maybe she'll do it to ours--I want a new toaster. (Or maybe I'll put something in the toaster and just blame it on her!)
Post a Comment