Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Child's Prayer

I kneel to pray everyday. I speak to Heavenly Father. He hears and answers me when I pray in Faith. This picture was to precious not to post and I want to journal about Taylor and her little testimony of prayer. She is such an example to me even as an adult. Jaman and I can't help but smile with joy when we hear her little prayers: "Our dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day, thank you for the blessings, thank you for daddy, mommy, and Bridger, thank you for the temple...thank you for grandpa and grandma and grandpa and grandma....thank you for the zoo....thank you for nursery.....thank you for (dora, diego,wubzy it changes everyday) in the name of Jesus Christ Amen" I am so thankful that she has such a desire to pray and that she speaks so sincerely. I hope to continue to teach her the power of prayer.I am in the process of making her flash cards of her daily things that she should do everyday such as prayers, help make bed, brush teeth, use the potty, take a bath, reading with dad or mom, etc. They will be on her door where she can flip them over when they are done. She has so much energy and loves doing these things but needs direction so I came up with this idea. So that is why I snapped a picture of her saying her prayers.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had made a chart for Peyton and had taken pics of the things he needs to do every night and morning and I even took pictures of chores he needs to do. When he does them all he puts them in the DONE pocket. It has worked out great! So I know your idea will work! Taylor looks so cute saying her prayers!

Me :) said...

How precious!! I love hearing little ones pray. They are so close to the spirit.

Tara said...

Good idea - it's so nice when they get bigger and can start being a little more independent! I might try that version with Jonathan - he's needing a little extra motivation these days.
It looks like you are all doing well -- it's good to still 'see' you and your family!