Thursday, March 1, 2012

Christmas Eve

Well this was the first year since we have had kids that we decided we wanted to do Christmas Eve with just our little family and stay home and wake up on Christmas at our house. And we LOVED it. One of the counselors I serve with in the primary told us of their Christmas Eve Day tradition and we decided to try it and I think we have a new family tradition. We got up that morning took the kids to IHOP for breakfast and then to the movies. It was a lot of fun being a little family and spending timewith just us. Then we went home and spent the rest of the afternoon together. We did a mini nativity with them so we could teach them the true meaning of Christmas. I love the wonderful spirit you feel when you do this. Taylor always takes it so serious and I love to know that she is soaking it all in and gaining a testimony of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. In the evening the kids had a big bubble bath and opened their Christmas jammies. Then after a Christmas Book they were off to bed awaiting Santa.





Posted by Picasa

0 comments: