Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Corn

We also picked corn at the U-Pick barn. Our garden didn't get much love and attention this year due to putting in a yard so we didn't have corn. I wanted the kids to still get the experience so we picked a bunch. Brought it home and shucked it and threw it in the freezer. I love freezer corn. We left a bunch as cobs so I am anxious to see how it stays. It was such a fun night. Jaman and I got lots of laughs as we shucked the corn. They were so funny to us I must record them so we can look back and laugh. Bridger kept trying to pull them all at once. He would pull so hard. (as seen in the picture) As he was grunting from pulling so hard he kept telling us " It is so heavy..it is so heavy!! Taylor was really good at this. She definately took a long time to shuck her corn. She pulled them off one at a time. She kept telling us, "There are a lot of shucks on this corn." When she got into the silk she kinda freaked out and said "and there is lots of cobwebs in her to." All is all it was a fun night with lots of memories. I love nights when kids make you laugh.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sheffer's said...

I love your posts, Brigetta. They always make me homesick (mission-sick?) for Idaho. Your kids just keep getting cuter!

Andrea said...

so cute. Great memories made with your kiddos.