This past month in the Ensign an article really hit home to me and I loved every bit of it. It was about the Joy in nurturing your little ones. After reading it I decided I wanted to make a few changes. I decided that I was going to stop trying to always have our house spotless clean, worry about Taylor making so many messes, and spending so much time trying so hard to have a perfect home. From that article came our new family motto. We no longer make messes...We make memories. So tonight I let Taylor help me shuck the corn and we made a big mess but I think we made us a little memory. For me anyway. She had so much fun and from now on when I shuck corn I will remember the first time Taylor and I shucked corn together and the fun we had and the mess we made!! So for all you mom's out there. Take the time to make memories and don't worry so much about the mess. A mess can be picked up but a chance for a memory not taken is gone. Cherish every second!!! They are only little once!!!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Your so cute, I love the message! Thanks for the advise, I could use that motto in my life just a little to much!
I think you are so awesome!! I promise I will try remember that everyday!! It is so hard to not get mad when a big mess is made, but I know I need to cherish these moments when my children are small, and think of these moments as memories, so I really will try everyday to remember this motto. You are an awesome mom. I love reading your blog. They bring tears to my eyes. Good tears!!! Love you guys!!
You are so right, and the more you watch them grow,the more you realize that it doesn't last forever. What a good motto.
That is awesome, I love it!
It felt like you were writing that message too me! Thanks for the advice!
You're pretty much the cutest mom ever! You have such wonderful thoughts and ideas. I really appreciate that about you - and I appreciate you ALWAYS sharing your inspirations! YOU ARE GREAT!
You inspired me to go and read that article in the Ensign, and it was just the message I needed as of late. What a great family motto for everyone with small children- time goes by too quickly as it is and there isn't time to waste worrying about things that take time away from making memories and having fun. Thanks for sharing! I am a neat freak and with a busy toddler, it makes for quite the battle somedays, but after reading your blog and the article, I'm going to start making memories instead!
Post a Comment