Thursday, February 21, 2008

Treasured Traditions



Every morning for the last 2 weeks I have let Taylor help me unload the dishwasher. She is always so excited. Before I would be too caught up in hurrying to get it done so we could get to something new, but then I realized I was missing an opportunity to teach her the importance of working together. It may take us double the time because she takes each thing one by one and hands it to me to put it away.but it has started to be our little tradition in the morning and it is one I look forward too. I love being a mother and each day I gain a greater appreciation for my mom and all she taught me. She is the best!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It is so true. Everyday, I appreciate my mom more, and begin to understand why we had the rules we did. I also understand some of teh things she was thinking. It is so weird. What a fun tradition!

Calli Potter said...

So cute, and will definitly make me think twice before I send Keaton back to the living room when he's trying to help me with the dishes!

Sara said...

You are such a great mom! I definately need to follow your advice - and let Jocelyn help - I wonder if I would just get too frustrated! Taylor is such a cutie little helper!